What can you do with mayonnaise? Eat it with a spoon. Use it in homemade salad dressings. Use it in deviled eggs, egg salad, chicken salad, smother a chicken with it and bake… and so many more uses. Yes, I love mayo! but only the good stuff. This recipe tastes like what I always thought mayo should be like. Creamy, velvety, luscious.
I prefer to use a food processor when making mayonnaise. If you have an immersion blender you can add all of your ingredients into a jar you’ll keep the mayo in, blend to combine and get that magic going.
Olive/Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Add Later …
- 1/2 cup Light Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
Or Just …
- 1 cup Avocado Oil
- Put the egg into your food processor, run a few seconds to break down.
- Add the salt, mustard, and vinegar. Run.
- Add the oil slowly through the lid attachment with the tiny hole.
- Once the oil is all mixed in, you should have a wonderful mayonnaise emulsion.
- Transfer to a jar with a sealable lid. Use within a couple of weeks for best results.